Tuesday 15 December 2009

Evaluation 1

Evaluation 1 outline

In what ways does your product use, develop of challenge forms and conventions of real media Product Conventions

Framing of interviews
Graphics
Narrative structure
Cutaways + editing so questions are not heard
Voiceover/Narration
Music
Archive Material
Make an email to the music company
Screen Grabs of my documentary and next to it will be a documentary from YouTube next to my documentary and talk about comparing them. Do it for camera work Mise-en-scene and editing



Variety of methods including words images, video and audio
In what ways does your product use develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products.

I product that I produced, looks like a professional media product because I followed all the codes and conventions of a documentary, radio trailer and a print advertisement. When researching into doing theses areas, we seen what goes into each product and how areas could have the same results.
The documentary is approximately 4mins 45 secs, but we have about 60 mins of film that went into the process.
We thought about everything when doing the interviews, like the framing when they are on the right hand side of the camera, and the graphics on the left, explaining who the person is, when interviewing them. Others things like cutaways had to be connected to the topic at hand, and when we interview a drag queen we had cutaways like him dancing in a club when talking about his job. The voice over and narration was very important and anchored what the programme was about by talking, and putting it in at the right time with low key volume of the latest music made it look professional and also connected with our target audience.
The editing on the documentary was the hardest part I thought, because you had to think about everything from when the cutaways were put in to which interview to put in at that time. I also emailed the music companies asking if I can use there music in my programme.

Here below is a print screen of the email I sent to the music company Columbia records.
















When putting together my interviews I look on YouTube and searched other documentaries to see if mine looked as professional as the ones the public see on TV.

Below is a print screen of an interview of documentary called the falling man and my documentary.













When putting together my interviews I look on YouTube and searched other documentaries to see if mine looked as professional as the ones the public see on TV.
Below is a print screen of an interview of documentary called the falling man and my documentary.
My print advertisement was the same I researched different adverts for documentaries on channel 4 and other documentaries world wide and, when creating the print advert I followed the codes and conventions and by doing this it came out better and for professional. Below you can see my advert and a channel 4 documentary to show how both look professional and creative.















As you can see the writing is in the same place and the channel 4 sign is also in the same place, compared to a professional documentary, I think it looks very well done and looks professional too.


No comments:

Post a Comment